I read a blog post and now I’m inspired by John Resig (Who was in turn, inspired by Jennifer Dewalt), I am going to write code every day, starting today. I hope to write about my coding progress regularly on this blog.
Why I intend on writing as I go along
- Obligate me to actually code every day (though this may not work because this blog has practically no readership)
- Keep a log of my progress over time
- Recall the reasoning I used when justifying decisions (e.g. this list describes why I decided to blog while doing this)
What I hope to gain from this
- Better programming skills and intuition. Improved familiarity with tools, paradigms, etc.
- Improve my algorithmic knowledge.
- Learn new languages, frameworks etc. by application rather than just reading docs.
- Create some interesting projects, hopefully, some worth mentioning in a technical interview or something (for those “describe a time you ran into a problem when programming and how you fixed your problem” type questions)
- Spend free time more productively (as of now, coding seems like a much more useful way of spending my free time than chatting on WhatsApp or watching prank videos on YouTube)
- Meet people, become more familiar with the many programming communities on the internet.
Ideas what to do each day
This section is more of just a brainstorm/dump of different ways I can code each day.
- Solve problems on different Coding platforms and Interview problems.
- Play with APIs and write tools for myself and the community.
- Contribute to Open Source projects.
What are the projects currently I’m working on
- Charmandar: A New Bot for Slack, I’m trying to bring Google right there in your Slack channel. I’m working on it since a month and it is still under development.
- Milotic Theme: Milotic is a new theme for all text editors available. The theme for sublime and Visual Studio is available and under development for other text Editors.
- FCC-Downloder: FCC-Downloader is script to download all your solutions on FreeCodeCamp.
- FreeCodeCamp: Next Week I’ll be analyzing data of FCC. You can join the gitter channel for more information about the project.
If you’re interested in reading my posts, you can leave your email here (expect one email in a week :)).